At Birch Copse, we believe every child has the right to engage in a broad, balanced and relevant education. Our curriculum has been carefully designed to engage children and enable them to maximise their learning potential. It is a rich and varied curriculum full of opportunities to explore and acquire key knowledge and develop understanding and skills, which are transferable across all areas of learning. We want our children to leave us having gained academic, social and life skills to ensure they are ready for the next stage in their lives.
The curriculum offered by Birch Copse Primary School:
- Promotes the highest standards of achievement by all pupils, regardless of individual learning needs, or protected characteristics.
- Equips children with the knowledge and cultural capital they need to succeed in life.
- Ensures equal access to learning for all pupils, with high expectations for every pupil and appropriate levels of challenge and support.
- Highlights the value of individual subjects, giving children an understanding of what it means to be an artist, geographer or historian for example
- Be engaging and motivating, including offering first-hand experiences where possible.