Birch Copse aims to provide a safe, respectful and supportive learning environment that enables learners to feel valued and reach their potential within a happy, healthy and caring community. All children are encouraged to enjoy learning and experience a creative and stimulating curriculum to help them become confident and independent learners.
We aim to create an environment where all achievements and talents are recognised, including high social standards and personal and academic achievements.
Our School Values were created through consultation with children, parents, governors and staff. The values are shared with the children and used for our reward system throughout the school.
1.To ensure standards remain exceptional in Foundation Stage, with staff changes this year
2. To embed early intervention strategies for children with speech and language delay
3. To improve Teaching Assistant knowledge of Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum
1.To implement a revised curriculum, with clear intent and regularly review its impact
2. To ensure subject leaders are clear on leading their subject, in light of the revised curriculum
3. To participate in the School Partnership Programme with three other West Berkshire schools
4. To provide School to School support to other settings, gain ideas from different schools and provide leadership opportunities for staff at Birch Copse
1.This year we will be ensuring the exceptional behaviour and attitudes to learning are maintained whilst implementing the revised curriculum
1.This year we will be introducing a Life Skills curriculum as part of our revised PSHE curriculum. This includes teaching children about keeping healthy and safe and growing up.
As it forms part of the revised curriculum, it will be monitored under the Leadership and Management targets and implemented through the Quality of Education targets. We will be continuing with the exceptional personal development work at the school, for example our school values and 'Inspire Me' assemblies.